- One of the best pure shooters Johnstown or Cambria County ever produced.
- Greater Johnstown High School graduate scored 1,446 points in only 1 ½ seasons at Johnstown College-University of Pittsburgh (now UPJ).
- Had UPJ single-season record of 954 points.
- Set a national junior college single-game record with 54 points against DuBois Center-Penn State on Feb. 3, 1962.
- Earned a scholarship to Pittsburgh’s main campus and led the 1962-63 Panthers with 359 points.
- Averaged 12.6 points a game in two seasons at Pitt.
- Shooting instructor named “The Shot Doctor,” Roman conducts shooting camps for players of all ages.
- Won a 1998 national championship and set an all-time record by making 24-of-25 3-point attempts and 75-of-75 free throw attempts at the International Shootout in Las Vegas, Nev.