- Emerged from tragedy to triumph, overcoming a devastating automobile accident that left him paralyzed in 1975.
- Earned a gold and silver medal in skiing at the National Disabled Ski Championships in Silver Creek, W.Va., in 1988
- Earned the gold medal in the mono-ski event and took silver in the Giant Slalom, both in 1988.
- In only his second competitive event, earned a bronze medal in the slalom sit ski during the 1987 national championships held on Mount Attitash in Bartlett, N.H.
- Earned a silver medal in the Giant Slalom mono-ski event of the Division Cup, a regional qualifier handicapped ski race held at Ski Roundtop near Harrisburg in 1989.
- A founder of the Flood City Rollers Wheelchair Basketball Team in 1986.
- Recognized for establishing the six-team Keystone Conference of the National Wheelchair Basketball Association in October 1988.
- Honored as the Handicapped State Employee of the Year in 1988 at the 36th conference of the Governor’s Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities.
- Participant in the Johnstown Marathon in the wheelchair division.