- Three-year starting lineman at the University of Cincinnati.
- Was a 1958 All-Missouri Valley Conference tackle and played in the 1959 All-American Bowl Game.
- Twice earned Missouri Valley Conference Lineman of the Week honors as a senior.
- Named Cincinnati’s outstanding lineman in seven of 10 games in 1958.
- Two-sport standout, Denk went undefeated in 10 wrestling matches as a senior heavyweight in 1959 and went 18-5 in three seasons with Cincinnati.
- The 1955 graduate of Greater Johnstown High played one season with the Ottawa Roughriders in the Canadian Football League.
- Joined the American Football League’s Boston Patriots in 1960 until suffering a career-ending hand injury.
- Named head coach of the AFL’s Cincinnati Mohawk Indians in 1961.