- Johnstown High standout was a Pittsburgh Steelers player.
- An integral part of the region’s sports scene during his decades of service as an athletic trainer for Johnstown High and St. Francis College.
- Was a full-time, paid athletic trainer at a time when such a position was not common, especially at the high school level.
- Was a trainer at three Big 33 football games and 11 Ken Lantzy Finest 40 all-star gridiron events.
- Worked with hockey teams, baseball teams, college athletes and high school athletes.
- Pittsburgh Steelers selected Stofko in the ninth round of the 1944 NFL Draft out of St. Francis.
- Played two games for the Steelers in 1945, completing 7 of 17 passes for 94 yards. On defense, he recovered a fumble.