- A four-year letterman in each basketball and football at Johnstown High School.
- Starting fullback on the undefeated Johnstown High teams of 1910 and 1911.
- Was the only freshman on the undefeated Penn State University team of 1912.
- Turned down pro football offers to play baseball and basketball.
- In 1917, was part of a Derry championship basketball team and the independent Johnstown Keystone cagers.
- Played third base for the world semi-pro champion Johnstown Independents.
- Twice was part of the Pitcairn Pennsylvania Railroad baseball tournament winning team.