- Schwab was a starting guard at Kiski Prep, then served 18 months in the U.S. Army.
- Attended Lafayette on a scholarship.
- Played every game as an offensive guard for four years at Lafayette College.
- Captained Lafayette College team for three years.
- Combined agility and speed with a “chess player’s gift of strategy.”
- Was a two-time All-American in 1921 and 1922, his junior and senior seasons at Lafayette.
- Was president of his class, fraternity and the entire student body at Lafayette.
- Coached at the Moxham AC and at Johnstown Catholic High School.
- Inducted into the National Football Foundation College Football Hall of Fame in 1958.