- Began officiating in 1921 at age 15 and worked an estimated 3,000 games during more than a half century.
- One of the most sought-after officials in scholastic and Eastern collegiate basketball and football. Joined the National Association of Approved Basketball Officials in 1924 after his graduation from Lilly High School.
- Officiated his first high school game in 1926.
- Worked 110 games in 1932 and on average worked 80 to 85 games a season.
- After his retirement, instructed officials.
- Became a member of the International Association of Approved Basketball Officials (IAABO), eventually being elevated to president of the prestigious organization in 1964.
- Helped form a local IAABO chapter in Cambria County.
- Conducted approximately 300 clinics throughout the United States and the world.
- His clinics were held in Alaska, Pakistan, Malaysia, North Borneo, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokoyo, Nova Scotia, Hawaii, the Philippines, Korea, Japan and Vietnam.