- Starting offensive right guard on University of Georgia coach Vince Dooley’s 1966 SEC co-champion and Cotton Bowl championship team that beat Southern Methodist University 24-9.
- Part of a 10-win Bulldogs team that finished fourth in the national rankings in 1966.
- Spent three decades on coaching staff at University of Georgia as an offensive assistant and strength and conditioning coach.
- On staff that led the Bulldogs to an undefeated 12-0 season in 1980, as Georgia won the SEC and national championships behind Heisman Trophy-winner Herschel Walker.
- Part of two other bowl games that decided national championships for regional teams Pitt and Penn State. Georgia fell to the Tony Dorsett-led Pittsburgh Panthers in the Sugar Bowl following the 1976 season. The Bulldogs lost to Curt Warner and Penn State in the Sugar Bowl after the 1982 season.
- Graduated from Johnstown High in 1962.
- Trojans football team combined to win 12 games during his junior and senior seasons.
- Son John Kasay Jr. kicked at Georgia from 1987 to 1990 and played 21 NFL seasons, including 15 with the Carolina Panthers.