- One of the most dominant fullbacks in University of Tennessee history.
- Member of Tennessee’s 1951 national championship team.
- One of the stars of the 20-14 Cotton Bowl victory over Texas.
- Earned a Ph.D. from Michigan in 1961 and returned to Tennessee to become head of the men’s Physical Education Program and served until 1974.
- Remained a part of Univeristy of Tennessee’s Exercise Science Department for 25 years.
- Honored in 1978 as an NCAA Silver Anniversary Award winner, presented to former athletes who have distinguished careers in other fields.
- Named to the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame in 1979, the Greater Knoxville Sports Hall of Fame in 1989 and the Cotton Bowl Hall of Fame in 2005.
Leave a Comment