- Lilly native played Major League Baseball for the Chicago Cubs.
- Right-handed pitcher appeared in 57 games with the Chicago Cubs from 1954 to 1956.
- Had a career 4-2 record with six saves.
- Went 3-0 with two saves and a 3.72 earned run average in 1955.
- Started his pro baseball career in 1949 with the Clarksdale Planters of the Cotton States League as a free agent and the 19-year-old pitcher went 7-5 with a 4.28 ERA.
- Spent six years in the minors (1949-54) as a free agent until the Chicago Cubs purchased him from the Shreveport Sports of the AA Texas League on June 8, 1954.
- Pitched 11 professional seasons, working out of the bullpen for the Cubs during his three seasons.
- First major league win came in 1954 against the Milwaukee Braves when he came on in relief to work seven scoreless innings.
- Had a career 4.05 ERA during the three year period with the Cubs.
- Went 10-2 during his best year in 1952 with Shreveport.
- Had a career minor league record of 72-60 with a 3.99 ERA.
Leave a Comment