- Member of gold-medal winning U.S. men’s basketball team in the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City.
- U.S. team went undefeated in nine games, including a 65-50 victory over Yugoslavia that clinched the gold.
- Part of gold-medal winning U.S. team during the 1967 Pan American Games.
- Scored 1,179 points in three seasons at St. Francis College in Loretto.
- Led St. Francis in scoring during the 1960-61 and 1961-62 seasons.
- Averaged more than 19 points a game in back-to-back seasons.
- Averaged 16.8 points per game for his career, graduating from St. Francis ranked fourth all-time in scoring.
- Teamed with Ed Winters in 1961-62 as the only backcourt combination in the country to feature two 1,000-point scorers.
- Led the Red Flash in rebounding as a junior, averaging 8.5 rebounds.
- Led the team in seven statistical categories during the 1960-61 season.
- Scored 513 points in 1960-61 to become one of only eight St. Francis players with more than 500 points in a season.
- Part of 1967 AAU championship team and a two-time AAU All-American.
Leave a Comment