- Dominated the area golf scene in the 1940s and 1950s.
- Won the Sunnehanna Country Club championship 10 times and the Greater Johnstown championship seven times.
- Participated in the U.S. Amateur Championship Tournament five consecutive years.
- Played as an amateur in the 1956 Masters Tournament in Augusta, Ga.
- Participated in basketball, football, tennis and track at Westmont High School.
- Played varsity basketball at Duke University, lettering with the Blue Devils from 1934 through 1936.
- Served as Duke’s basketball team captain in 1936.
- Instrumental in establishing the Sunnehanna Amateur Tournament for Champions.
- Chairman of the Cambria County War Memorial Arena Corp. from 1948 to 1951.
- Instrumental in construction of War Memorial Arena.
- President of the Johnstown Jets hockey team from 1949 to 1952.
- Member of United States Olympic Hockey Committee in 1964 and 1968.
- Inducted into the Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame Class of 1972.
Leave a Comment