- Played on 1958 Johnstown High undefeated WPIAL title-winning team.
- Had four-year career at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Played two National Football League seasons with the New York Giants and Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Standout lineman on the Trojans’ 1958 team that defeated Clairton 3-0 in front of 11,911 fans at Pitt Stadium in the WPIAL Class AA championship game.
- 6-foot-2, 230-pound guard was a three-year starter at Pitt and played on the “No Bowl” team that went 9-1 in 1963 but didn’t have an opportunity to participate in a bowl game.
- Was a UPI first-team All-East pick and second-team Newspaper Enterprises Association selection in 1963.
- NFL’s Giants and AFL’s Buffalo Bills each drafted Adamchik after his junior season at Pitt.
- Completed his college career and signed with New York in 1964.
Leave a Comment