- Had national success as an athlete, coach and administrator.
- Served as special assistant to the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles President Harry Gamble for 10 years.
- Was assistant coach at Lafayette College from 1965-69 and served as an assistant at the University of Pennsylvania for 10 years.
- Was a three-year starter at guard and linebacker on the Michigan State University football team.
- Was a catcher on the Michigan State baseball team from 1960 to 1962.
- A Johnstown High legend for his role on the Trojans’ 1958 WPIAL Class AA championship team that beat Clairton at Pitt Stadium.
- Booted a field goal for the only points in a 3-0 Johnstown win in the title game.
- Was on the Associated Press All-State Team, United Press International All-State Team, WPIAL Outstanding Lineman and an All-American in Scholastic Coaches Magazine.
- Played in the Big 33 game.
- Won a state championship in 1959 as a wrestler at Johnstown High.
- Was Johnstown Junior League baseball MVP in 1960 when he hit a record 19 homers, a mark that stood 30 years.
- Also is a member of the AAABA Hall of Fame, the Delaware Valley Sports Hall of Fame and the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame Class of 2009.
Leave a Comment