- Two-time All-American at the University of North Carolina.
- Averaged 350 points a season at North Carolina.
- Played for Akron Goodyear Wingfoots in 1941-42 in the National Basketball League (NBL), which later evolved into the NBA.
- Played for Rochester Royals in the NBL from 1945 to 1947.
- Scored 506 points his first season with the Royals to lead the team to a league title in 1945-46.
- Played in NBL with Indianapolis in 1947-48 and Hammond in 1948-49.
- Scored 2,138 points in 202 regular-season NBL games. Had 306 points in 26 playoff games.
- Played for the top-rated U.S. Armed Services team in the nation while serving in the Navy.
- 1941 graduate of Greater Johnstown High School.