- Set national records as a water skier while competing into his 70s.
- At age 72, Captured the Men’s 8 category championship at the Eastern Regional Championship of the United States Water Ski Association during an event in Sparta, Va., in 2000.
- Jumped 80 feet to win the age 70-74 division while setting the Men 8 national jumping record, eclipsing the previous mark by 17 feet.
- At age 53 in 1981, established a national jumping record of 124 feet while jumping from the left side of the ramp in the Men’s 5 Senior Division.
- Had a national record jump of 109 feet in the Men’s 4 Division in 1977.
- Earned the U.S. Army Middleweight Boxing championship in 1946.
- Had 17 victories in the ring.
- Established himself as one of the region’s top scholastic football players at Windber High and later Johnstown High in the 1940s.
- An Associated Press All-State lineman at Johnstown in 1945.
Leave a Comment