- Played on Windber High team named 1937 state champion.
- All-State high school player.
- Played at Western Reserve University at Cleveland when that program was among the top powers in the college game.
- All Big Four Team selection at tackle.
- Played tackle, guard and fullback in 1942. Was a co-captain and a repeat all-star.
- Entered the service with the Naval Training Center; named to the All-Service and All-American teams.
- Drafted by the Boston Yanks of the NFL and the Buffalo Bills of the AFL.
- Played for Boston in the NFL and was a captain his rookie year.
- An NFL all-star named All-Pro during his second season.
- Feartured in The Saturday Evening Post magazine.
- Won a NFL championship with the Chicago Cardinals in 1948.
- Played in the NFL’s first televised game known as the “Snow Bowl.”
- Played four seasons with Washington Redskins and was All-Pro in 1949 and 1950.
- Played every offensive down as co-captain on the 1953 Chicago Bears.
Leave a Comment