- Cambria Heights graduate and Penn State University women’s basketball standout.
- Averaging 27 points a game at Cambria Heights, where helped the new program grow.
- Led Penn State with 18.3 points and 15.3 rebounds a game as a freshman in 1974-75.
- That single-season rebounding average still stands as the best in Penn State history.
- Led the Lions in rebounding all four years she played, averaging at least 10 a game.
- Her 10.3 rebounds a game still is a career best at Penn State.
- Known as one of the first few dozen women in the country to be on an athletic scholarship, as Title IX had only recently been introduced when she went to Penn State.
- Lions went 21-5 during her senior year in 1977-78.
- Holds Penn State rebounding records of 260 in the 1977-78 season.
- Ranks fifth on the single-game chart with 20 rebounds in games against Edinboro and East Stroudsburg, and ninth with 19 rebounds against Pitt.
Leave a Comment