- One of the most highly regarded sports broadcasters in the nation.
- Provided play-by-play descriptions of sports on the college and professional levels, both on radio and television.
- Called college bowl games such as the Orange, Gator, Sugar and Rose as well as the NFL’s Pro Bowl and Super Bowl.
- Twice named National Sportscaster of the Year by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.
- Honored as Minnesota’s Sportscaster of the Year for three straight years beginning in 1962.
- Known for his work with the Green Bay Packers in the NFL and the Minnesota Twins in Major League Baseball.
- Called the 1965 World Series for NBC.
- Inducted into the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association Hall of Fame in 1982.
- Posthumously honored with the Pete Rozelle Radio-Television Award by the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2000.
- Inducted into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame as a contributor in July 2001.
Leave a Comment