- Played four seasons on the Seton Hall University men’s basketball team from 1951-55.
- Had 272 points and 116 rebounds in 1952-53.
- Part of Seton Hall’s 31-2 team that had a 27-game winning streak and won the National Invitational Tournament (NIT) at a time when that event was as big as the current version of the NCAA Tournament.
- Seton Hall won 86 games during Nathanic’s four years.
- Had a .500 field goal percentage on the NIT championship team, making 111 of 222 field goal attempts. Had 116 rebounds that season.
- At Johnstown Catholic (now Bishop McCort) High, was a key part of the 1950-51 state championship team.
- Had scholarship offers from Michigan, Notre Dame, St. Louis, Michigan State, Holy Cross, Boston College, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh.