- Los Angeles Dodgers selected Forest Hills High School graduate in first-round of the 1984 amateur secondary January draft.
- Pitched seven Major League seasons with the Dodgers (1987-88), Chicago White Sox (1988-90), Cleveland Indians (1991), New York Yankees (1992) and Oakland Athletics (1992-93).
- Right-handed pitcher had a 24-38 career record with 10 saves and a 4.61 ERA.
- Struck out 332 batters in the Major Leagues.
- Debuted with the Dodgers on August 9, 1987 in a nationally televised game against the Atlanta Braves and pitched 8 2/3 innings with six strikeouts and two earned runs for the win.
- Went 4-3 with a 3.57 ERA as a rookie.
- Used as a starter, middle reliever and closer during his career.
- Posted 48-38 career record in the minor leagues with 17 complete games, four shutouts and nine saves in Class A, AA and AAA.
- Played at Middle Georgia College after a standout career at Forest Hills High and in the Johnstown Junior League/AAABA Tournament.
Leave a Comment