- Track and field standout at Portage High School (1973-77) and University of Texas (1977-81). Competed on the national and international level (1980-82).
- At Texas, held university records in the 400 meter hurdles, 100 meter hurdles and 1600 relay. Was a conference winner in the 400 hurdles as a sophomore, junior and senior.
- Earned All-American status and captained the track team for two years.
- Voted most valuable athlete in track and field for three straight years at UT.
- Placed fourth in the 1980 U.S. Olympic Trials and finished fifth in the 1980 National Meet while also ranking seventh in the country that year.
- Placed second in the 1981 National Meet and made the U.S. Team while ranking second.
- Placed fifth in the World University Games.
- Was on the World Cup Team in Rome.
- Placed first in the 1982 National Meet and made the U.S. Team, traveling throughout Europe.
- Ranked first in the U.S. and 10th in the world. She continues to run competitively.
Leave a Comment