- Played left guard and tackle for three years at Windber High School.
- All-American guard at Michigan State University.
- Part of Michigan State teams that lost only one football game.
- Became Arizona State University’s head coach in 1958 at age 28.
- Compiled 176-54-1 record at Arizona State from 1958 to 1979.
- Had 19 winning seasons, nine conference titles, seven bowl game appearances.
- Coached two undefeated teams.
- Led Arizona State to a 16-5 mark against rival Arizona.
- Coached the Canadian Football League’s Hamilton Tiger-Cats in 1981, the NFL’s Baltimore Colts from 1982 through 1984, and United States Football League Arizona Outlaws in 1985.
- Inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1975.
- Playing surface at Arizona State’s Sun Devil Stadium was renamed “Frank Kush Field” in 1996.
Leave a Comment