- Had a nearly decade-long professional career in Major League Baseball and the minor leagues.
- Right-handed pitcher played in 104 major league games with the Detroit Tigers and Houston Astros from 1975 through 1978.
- Had 8-9 Major League pitching record with seven saves and a 3.63 ERA.
- Spent five years in the minors before making his major league debut on July 31, 1975 for the Tigers against the New York Yankees.
- Was part of a seven-man deal that sent him to the Houston Astros in 1976.
- Had success as a reliever with the Astros, going 3-3 with five saves and a 2.97 ERA in 1976.
- Had a career-best 5-2 mark, two saves and a 3.83 ERA with the Astros in 1977.
- Outstanding athlete at Johnstown High, earning All-WPIAL honorable mention at linebacker.
- Accepted a Division I scholarship offer from Wake Forest University to play football before finally signing his pro contract with the Tigers in 1971.
- A member of the AAABA Hall of Fame.
- Named MVP of the 1970 AAABA Tournament.
Leave a Comment