- Had a 17-1-2 record with 16 knockout wins as a bantamweight from 1904 through 1909.
- Was born in Johnstown, and many of his fights were held in Johnstown, Windber, Altoona, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Patton around the turn of the 20th Century.
- Graduated from Windber High School as well as Rowe’s Business College.
- Took a job at the Johnstown Planing Co. and pursued a boxing career.
- Boxed three world champions in the bantamweight division — Willie Schumaker, Kid Murphy and Johnny Coulon. He drew in the first two matches.
- Fought in 80 bouts and was defeated only twice.
Leave a Comment