- Starting offensive right guard on University of Georgia coach Vince Dooley’s 1966 SEC co-champion and Cotton Bowl championship team that beat Southern Methodist University 24-9.
- Part of a 10-win Bulldogs team that finished fourth in the national rankings in 1966.
- Spent three decades on coaching staff at University of Georgia as an offensive assistant and strength and conditioning coach.
- On staff that led the Bulldogs to an undefeated 12-0 season in 1980, as Georgia won the SEC and national championships behind Heisman Trophy-winner Herschel Walker.
- Part of two other bowl games that decided national championships for regional teams Pitt and Penn State. Georgia fell to the Tony Dorsett-led Pittsburgh Panthers in the Sugar Bowl following the 1976 season. The Bulldogs lost to Curt Warner and Penn State in the Sugar Bowl after the 1982 season.
- Graduated from Johnstown High in 1962.
- Trojans football team combined to win 12 games during his junior and senior seasons.
- Son John Kasay Jr. kicked at Georgia from 1987 to 1990 and played 21 NFL seasons, including 15 with the Carolina Panthers.
ricky horne says
John Kasay Sr. was a great influence in many kids lives, not only at the college level, but also at the younger school aged level. His commitment to teaching kids at the UGA football camps in the 70s was unmatched. He , not only taught football, he taught life.
Thanks, from a former camper.