- Second-year West Virginia University baseball head coach has been a NCAA Division I coach at some of the country’s top programs for more than 20 years.
- Product of United High School and the local Johnstown Junior League/AAABA Tournament.
- Three-time All-Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) selection as an outfielder/pitcher at Clemson University.
- Part of two Clemson ACC titles and advanced to two NCAA Regionals from 1985-88.
- Finished with a career batting average of .331 and was 8-1 on the mound.
- Selected in 28th round by the Cleveland Indians in the 1988 Major League draft and spent two seasons in the organization.
- Served as an assistant coach at Clemson (1990-93), Georgia (1997), East Carolina (1998), Tennessee (1999-2002) and Texas Christian University (2007-12).
- Served as a head coach at Charleston Southern (1994-96), East Carolina (2003-05) and WVU (2013-present).
- Led Charleston Southern to 66 wins in three seasons and East Carolina to 120 wins in three seasons.
- During Mazey’s tenure, which included three years as an associate head coach, TCU made six NCAA Regional appearances, three NCAA Super Regional appearances and one College World Series appearance.
- Led WVU team picked to finish last in the Big 12 to a 33-26 mark and third place in 2013.
- Played in three AAABA Tournaments from 1984-86 and was inducted into the AAABA Hall of Fame in 2012.
Leave a Comment