- Standout right-handed pitcher selected as a 17-year-old by the Cleveland Indians in the fourth round of the 1973 draft.
- Advanced through the Indians organization during seven seasons, performing at the rookie, Class A, AA and AAA levels.
- Twice was summoned to the Indians’ Major League roster.
- Collected 19 combined pitching wins between the Gulf Coast Rookie League and California League in his first two seasons.
- Went 13-9 for Class A Reno in 1974.
- At age 19, threw a no-hitter for Class AA San Antonio in 1975 and was promoted to Class AAA Oklahoma City.
- Added to Indians’ 40-man roster late in 1975 season and at age 20 was the majors’ youngest rostered player.
- Added to the Indians’ 40-man roster again in 1977, but never appeared in a game.
- After his baseball career, became the host/producer of the nationally syndicated SportsWeek television/radio program.
- Served as a motivational speaker for Major League Baseball, the National Football League, the NCAA and major corporations.
- TV color commentator during live telecasts of AAABA Tournament opening night games on WJAC-TV for several years.
- Inducted into the East Boros Chapter of the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame in 2012.
Leave a Comment