- Pro Football Hall of Fame linebacker from Johnstown Bishop McCort High.
- Part of four Super Bowl winning teams with the Pittsburgh Steelers of the Steel Curtain era.
- Had 32 interceptions, 25 sacks and 21 fumble recoveries from 1971 to 1982 with Steelers
- Selected in the second round of the 1971 NFL Draft.
- Started all 14 games as a rookie and held a regular job until his retirement, missing only four games in his first 10 seasons.
- Played in Super Bowls IX, X and XIII but sat out with an injury in XIV.
- Played in five AFC championship games and his 19-yard interception return to the Oakland 9-yard line set up the Steelers go-ahead touchdown in their first ever championship victory.
- NFL’s Defensive Player of the Year in 1975.
- Named to eight straight Pro Bowls and a nine-time All-Pro choice.
- All-American at Penn State under coach Joe Paterno.
- National Football Foundation College Football Hall of Fame inductee.
- Radio broadcaster for Penn State football.
Leave a Comment